Beltaine Newsletter, 2016

Viewable by the public at large, registered users of the site and Friends can reply to topics which can only be created by TdB Members. Event newsletters should attempt to be in period style and use only persona names.
Forum rules
The best Event Newsletters are written in persona, not mentioning mundania or at least alluding to it only in period-esque terms.
Post title should be in the form: {Event name Newsletter, Year}
Post titles that do not conform to the convention are subject to change by moderators.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Beltaine Newsletter, 2016

Post by Comyn »

Beltaine was yet another great event despite low attendance. Brogan, Vollund, and Eberwulf were sorely missed, but others stepped up to perform their assigned duties for the event which included the traditional Beltaine ceremony. Bragg and Eliana were in attendance, as was Kathy P and kids, Aonghus, Magnus and Helena, and new friends Aranic and Lorelei.

As usual there was more raucous music and revelry on Friday night though this was in Comyn's tent as the rains came just as the music started. Since Sabha and the kids were not camping out the tent had ample room for a party. Saturday's dayboard was wonderful with a cured Salmon by Bragg as centerpiece to an otherwise light and delicious spread of cheeses, breads and fruits. Later we feasted and cleared up afterward all by the light of the sun which is notable and as Aonghus pointed out was always the goal (which we attained with ease at this event). The twin meats were supplemented by a Colcannon by Bragg, a vegetable dish by Kathy P, breads and honey butter and apple pies and tart for desert. Saturday nights festivities were largely confined to a story circle around the fire as it had gotten quite cold quickly. The Clann performed the fastest bugout in Clann history Sunday morning just ahead of the incoming rains with the trailer pulling out of the site at 9:30am, though most of us have wet canvas to deal with when these rains finally end despite our best efforts.

Sabha had problems checking out as the paperwork had been lost so the green key list had to be re-created from memory and details looked up in their computer system. The girl running the checkout couldn't figure out how to select our group name in the system and then didn't have permissions to process our deposit refund requiring someone from the office to come and finish the transaction. The trailer was off site by 10am.
Bragg
Ard-Draoi
Ard-Draoi

Colcannan

Post by Bragg »

I feel the need to point out it was not truly "colcannon" as I substituted the potatoes with turnips and parsnips...I think I like this version better and look forward to making it again, though I need a name for it. We had a wonderful time as always and missed very much those not able to make it.

Bragg
Aonghus

Hat

Post by Aonghus »

Some one needs to post that pic of Bragg in the hat.
Comyn

Bragg in the hat

Post by Comyn »

Here's the picture of Bragg in the Georgian hat. I know I speak for everyone when I say that I want one too!