Video: Comparing Gaulish with some modern Celtic languages

Anything that comes to mind. Members should use the TdB Member forums for official or private business. Forums in this area are readable by anonymous visitors, and registered users can post here.
Forum rules
Use this forum to discuss topics of history or craft as related to our hobby.
As this is a PUBLIC forum, be discrete! Private matters should be discussed in the TdB Member forums!
Any post which is deemed too sensitive for public consumption may be moved to the Private Discussions forum by Moderators.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Video: Comparing Gaulish with some modern Celtic languages

Post by Comyn »

Done in a sort of game show format, the host speaks out a sentence in Gaulish and speakers of various modern day Celtic languages attempt to figure out the meaning. They don't have a dedicated Irish speaker but the Manx teacher also speaks Irish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI_4GOYFlVc
Gaulish.png
In this Celtic languages comparison video, we explore differences and similarities between Gaulish, Welsh, Breton and Manx - the modern Celtic languages.

Gaulish is part of the Indo-European family of languages and is more specifically categorized under the Celtic branch. It was in use from approximately the 6th century BC until the 6th century AD. As the Romans extended their control over the Celtic tribes of Gaul, the Gaulish language gradually gave way to Vulgar Latin, the precursor to the Romance languages, which includes modern French.

My name is Norbert Wierzbicki and I am the creator of @Ecolinguist channel. You can support my work by volunteering to participate in the future videos or donating to the project.