Shop Projects

Anything that comes to mind. Members should use the TdB Member forums for official or private business. Forums in this area are readable by anonymous visitors, and registered users can post here.
Forum rules
Use this forum to discuss topics of history or craft as related to our hobby.
As this is a PUBLIC forum, be discrete! Private matters should be discussed in the TdB Member forums!
Any post which is deemed too sensitive for public consumption may be moved to the Private Discussions forum by Moderators.
Aonghus

Shop Projects

Post by Aonghus »

Here’s a bit of a general update..
bedraw.jpg
I’m still not feeling quite well.. its not the ITP.. it’s the medication.

Even though I lost over 30 lbs, and am down to the weight I was when I was working out, I feel like I weigh a ton and its sometimes a ridiculous effort to even get up out of my chair or climb stairs… it may be in part because the meds are making me retain water and my lower legs are swollen.. Doc has not prescribed a water pill to deal with it because of all freeking things my blood pleasure was lowish last visit.

It’s not even a question of some days being better than others… sometimes its some hours being better than others, which is in part why is very hard for me to commit to anything lately.

Having said that… a number of you have been asking about beds and tables and other shop projects being made...

While I wish to accommodate you all… and in fact, my shop’s main reason for existence was to facilitate such, its going to have to wait till the new trailer is completed or at the very least in a comfy state of production.

I’ve been feeling lousy, and not been getting much done shop wise... but... I believe I am getting a little bit better as my mind is at least pushing me to get stuff done and plan which is usually a good sign.

I have more organization I need to do to clear a space in the shop to work on the trailer… since business has been frantic – even if I was feeling well, it’s difficult. – but the phones seems to be calming down a bit.

To that end, there should be progress in the coming week or two.

I hope to have the new work benches in place by the end of this week.

Next… my parents got a closing date of Monday on the new house. It’s official... I’m moving.

This of course is another complication. But mitigating that – the boat that is in the shop will be gone and in the water soon – leaving us ample room. Then again – I may be out fishing more often as well.
SlatBed-Falgon.jpg
Bed Parts stacked for transport or storage. Falgon supplies scale.

Having said that… when time approaches, what I will do is set up a few project days for the specific projects at hand. It will be best if all interested in a particular project come together and sort of assembly line the deal. So, to that end, I will set up a “table day” for those who need or want to build an additional table, and a “bed day” for those who want to sleep in style. We did this last time there was interest and it worked out pretty well.

The tables can be built in a day, depending on the quantity involved. I think Brogan and I hade it down to 4 hours from start to finish for one table.

The beds on the other hand, you will most likely need to commit three 8 hour sessions, and I may be asking that you bring all materials home with you rather than leave them at the shop both for your safety and my sanity.

Ok so with that... things are still on hold and tentative till further notice.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Re: Shop Projects

Post by Comyn »

Sorry to hear about the meds issue, glad that you are focusing remaining energies and planning for future stuff - both good signs! I am very interested in a table project day and will lend a hand to help ready the shop whenever most convenient for you (However, I will be away for some days soon). Will your upcoming move take you out of the town you are in now? If so, we need to start thinking about where we will hold future Imbolcs...
Aonghus

Re: Shop Projects

Post by Aonghus »

Ok,

The work benches have been shuffled into place with much help from Brogan and Brogan received the new water heater part, which is currently sitting on my desk at work.

Brogan and I plan on working on this Tuesday 4/24 after work - that being 5pm.

I dont know if we will actually move the trailer that day, we may have our hands full with dismantling / just swapping the part.

I intend on assiting Brogan if all else fails, but it would probably be better if he didnt have a gimp partner on this one.

If anyone would like to stop by, you are welcome. Please let me know if you plan to come, and its best to double check as things often crop up which may stymie the effort that day.