Beltaine Newsletter, 1998

Viewable by the public at large, registered users of the site and Friends can reply to topics which can only be created by TdB Members. Event newsletters should attempt to be in period style and use only persona names.
Forum rules
The best Event Newsletters are written in persona, not mentioning mundania or at least alluding to it only in period-esque terms.
Post title should be in the form: {Event name Newsletter, Year}
Post titles that do not conform to the convention are subject to change by moderators.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Beltaine Newsletter, 1998

Post by Comyn »

Clan Tuatha de Bhriain

Bealtaine '98 Edition

The Gods apparently wanted to teach us a lesson in humility. At Samhain we said the rain could not stop us.

But Bealtaine was wet. Very wet. And cold. All who attended did the best they could to stay dry and keep in good spirits.

The the majority of the activities that were planned all had to be put off till next year.

This event differed greatly from the previous rainy Samhain. We weathered Samhain much better and many of us wondered why. Most of it was the shear amount of rain we had dumped on us. But it may also be that we over complicated things.

At Samhain we made due with simple tarps tied to trees. Bealtain's pipe frame lean to was not as protective or as accommodating.

The big top experiment was a dissapointment.The lack of a tight frame severely effected the water shedding ability.The roof material formed pockets that eventually collapsed the frame under the weight of the water.

If the event suffered setbacks due to the weather, the food was clearly a success.

Friday's rabbit stew was yummy.

On Saturday, Comyn and Sabha graciously opened their house to the clan for the feast and gave everyone the opportunity to dry out and be warm while eating.

The food was awesome. The smoked birds and roast lamb were great and filling and a change of pace from our usual slabs of feast meats. The side dishes were also quite tasty.

But if the bad weather did anything, it has made us impatient for the next event.

This eddition is a bit late coming, and as I (Aonghus) was mostly preoccupied with organizing and my personal tent fiasco, missed quite a bit of the fun. So any who would like to add some comments to this section are encouraged to email me a paragraph or two highlighting something noteworthy from the event.

Clannsfolk should take advantage of the Message Board to communicate their opinions and ideas on these and other subjects with the clann.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Re: Beltaine Newsletter, 1998

Post by Comyn »

Beltaine, 1998 News

Greetings Brothers & Sisters, Well we didn't get to dance, we didn't hold the Champion's Challenge or the He-Man Games, but it was still a fun event. Soggy, but fun. Hopefully the gods will favor us with decent weather at Lughnesadh and Samhain. Thanks go to Comyn and Sabha for the hospitality of their home for the feast, for sleeping quarters Saturday night and for the excellent rabbit stew Friday night. Thanks to Brogan for the fabulous brews, rabbit and the array of game birds. Cheers to Erlan, Eberwolf and Colin, who were brave enough (or drunk enough) to spend Saturday at the site. Nothing much else to say except see you at the next meeting for Pennsic planning. May the gods keep you safe (and dry)! Slan! Valerian

Greetings, I hope everyone is finaly dry. In spite of the rain it was grate to see all who attended. Comyn's rabit was exelent, Sabha's tarts were legendary(YUMMMM)! I would also like to thank them for their hospitality. They went out of their way to make a rainy mess into a good time for all. I know our event was a bit on the disapointing side, but Silveroak is haveing an event on July 11 to the 12th. If ya still crave an event like I do, maybe this is somthing to consider. Not only would it be fun and bring us all togeather again but also it would look good that we show up at another clan's event in force.I'm planing on going and if some one wants to drive up with me let me know. OK... I just wanted to thank all who helped make the event fun inspite of the rain. Talk to ya soon, Brogan