SOLD!!!: Yurt / Gher

Anything that comes to mind. Members should use the TdB Member forums for official or private business. Forums in this area are readable by anonymous visitors, and registered users can post here.
Forum rules
Use this forum to discuss topics of history or craft as related to our hobby.
As this is a PUBLIC forum, be discrete! Private matters should be discussed in the TdB Member forums!
Any post which is deemed too sensitive for public consumption may be moved to the Private Discussions forum by Moderators.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

SOLD!!!: Yurt / Gher

Post by Comyn »

Submitted by Elysia Fionn on Sat, 11/10/2007 - 10:06pm
sa02-elysiagher.jpg
Greetings All,

We've successfully sold our yurt/gher on ebay, and the winning bidder has already paid and is coming by to pick it up tomorrow!

Sorry it's not going to a clann member, but we're fortunate that there was such a keen interest out there for such an unusual item! I must admit I was surprised at the number of bids.

Slainte and Happy Yule to Y'all,

Elysia and Dairchan
Comyn

Re: SOLD!!!: Yurt / Gher

Post by Comyn »

Wow, I'd be surprised if there isn't someone out there with a hankering for this - but I hope you left some haggling room: "Five for that, you must be mad!" I wish you guys had offered that up before I went and bought my tent!
Comyn

Re: SOLD!!!: Yurt / Gher

Post by Comyn »

Submitted by Elysia Fionn on Tue, 11/13/2007 - 7:05pm.

Comyn,

I am sorry we couldn't have sold it to you, as well...

Of course there is some room for haggis, um, haggling - but as we spent a few hundred for supplies to make the yurt and many hours in the construction thereof, it wouldn't really be sane to let it go for much less than the asking price.

Add to that the *reason* we are selling it to begin with - namely, one of our tenants decided to fly the coop right before the holidays, leaving us in the lurch.

Basically, times are tough and we're starting to sell off the things we can live without to try and keep our noses above water.

Slainte,
Elysia