Local Barony

Anything that comes to mind. Members should use the TdB Member forums for official or private business. Forums in this area are readable by anonymous visitors, and registered users can post here.
Forum rules
Use this forum to discuss topics of history or craft as related to our hobby.
As this is a PUBLIC forum, be discrete! Private matters should be discussed in the TdB Member forums!
Any post which is deemed too sensitive for public consumption may be moved to the Private Discussions forum by Moderators.
Guthrum
Chieftain
Chieftain
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Local Barony

Post by Guthrum »

Fionnuala and I, with the kids, attended the archery/thrown weapons practice held by An Dubhaigeainn, the local barony. The site was very near where we hold events and very nicely laid out for practice.

The people of the barony were so nice and welcoming. I would recommend to anyone to try to make the next practice that they hold. I know that we will.

Their website is: http://www.scaducks.org
Guthrum
Chieftain
Chieftain

Re: Local Barony

Post by Guthrum »

I thought we had a links page, but I didn't see it. If we do, we should add this to it. If not, then perhaps we should have one.
Comyn

Post by Comyn »

I'm glad I passed on the note about it to you then!

Look through the Library links at the right of the page and see where something like a local barony might fit in.
Guthrum
Chieftain
Chieftain

Post by Guthrum »

Perhaps under Friends it could have a part with links to other groups. It might be nice to have links to merchants that we are friendly with, as well.
Comyn

Related groups

Post by Comyn »

I decided to take a slightly different approach. The Library section is for our own content, and to my mind any links to other groups or sites should be obviously set apart. I might rename it "Related Sites" if we decide to link to merchants - or I could create another block called "Merchants" for that purpose. I have this set so that it only appears if you actually log in (doesn't matter what permissions you have)
Guthrum
Chieftain
Chieftain

On the Right

Post by Guthrum »

I just saw that and thought, "How long has that been there?"