Imbolc Newsletter, 2009

Viewable by the public at large, registered users of the site and Friends can reply to topics which can only be created by TdB Members. Event newsletters should attempt to be in period style and use only persona names.
Forum rules
The best Event Newsletters are written in persona, not mentioning mundania or at least alluding to it only in period-esque terms.
Post title should be in the form: {Event name Newsletter, Year}
Post titles that do not conform to the convention are subject to change by moderators.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Imbolc Newsletter, 2009

Post by Comyn »

Thanks to all for another great (if mellow) event. The feast was excellent (as always) - the sausages from our recent sausage making were a great compliment to the wonderful game birds of various kinds provided by Brogan (I liked the bacon wrap! I managed to remain unscathed by my McSorley's clone which wasn't dented too heavily due largely to the vast array of meads that were circulating, and perhaps only slightly less to Momus' absence?

I was particularly impressed by the quality of riddles this year - in fact, I was stumped by all of them. The crafts were all excellent - Sabha's Viking wire knitting (an interest inspired by Erlan's recent posts on Norseland's Yahoo site) were impressive, and Guthrum's iron table locks are really an essential item for anyone with a Clann table - you can bang them out with a hammer and they don't break. If you had a favorite please post about them!

There were lots of games happening at tables all around the hall, but it's difficult to dedicate much of our short Imbolc events to gaming when you want to talk to folks and play music too. I did manage to get a good game of Fidchel in with Vollund (one of his first I think?) but now that he's got the idea I look forward to more when we've got more time.

To those who were laid low by sickness and couldn't attend, know that you were all sorely missed. It was also great to see Maeve (and family), and Reannin and Bosh and am hopeful that everyone had a good time.

I posted all the pictures I took in the Yahoo galleries. If you would like to see some of those or others that you may have taken posted here for mass consumption, please remember to include some descriptive text and date the image when posting, thanks!

In Service,

Comyn
Faellon
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Re: Imbolc Newsletter, 2009

Post by Faellon »

Let's not forget that I believe it was Grania that solved a good portion of the riddles!!