Beer tasting results, 1992

Viewable by the public at large, registered users of the site and Friends can reply to topics which can only be created by TdB Members. Event newsletters should attempt to be in period style and use only persona names.
Forum rules
The best Event Newsletters are written in persona, not mentioning mundania or at least alluding to it only in period-esque terms.
Post title should be in the form: {Event name Newsletter, Year}
Post titles that do not conform to the convention are subject to change by moderators.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Beer tasting results, 1992

Post by Comyn »

I've been scanning in some old Clann documents in order to make them available to everyone here on the site and I ran across a fantastic example of a beer tasting results spreadsheet from 1992.To put this document into perspective, please note that Windows 3.1 came out exactly one month earlier than this document was created.

It appears this is a beer tasting that took place at the "Feis" of Imbolc, 1992.The winner of this particular tasting was Trelvis' Bhudna Stout, but what I love about it is the commentary:
  • The PISS BEER AWARD is given to the beer that most resembles piss.Dinkle Acker.This beer did not even beat out the dregs.
  • The text at the bottom of the document specifically calls all those in attendance "Guild members" (beer tasters)
  • The explanatory text describing how the tasting was performed wisely notes that: "The order of the scoring was varied so the weak minded tasters would not be influenced by those who were strongly opinionated towards the quality of the beer"
BeerTasting-9204_0.pdf
(401.39 KiB) Downloaded 293 times