Céad míle fáilte!

Anything that comes to mind. Members should use the TdB Member forums for official or private business. Forums in this area are readable by anonymous visitors, and registered users can post here.
Forum rules
Use this forum to discuss topics of history or craft as related to our hobby.
As this is a PUBLIC forum, be discrete! Private matters should be discussed in the TdB Member forums!
Any post which is deemed too sensitive for public consumption may be moved to the Private Discussions forum by Moderators.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Céad míle fáilte!

Post by Comyn »

The Tuatha de Bhriain site has recently undergone a major change. If you've been a user of the site for some of the ten years its been running, please know that your login information has been wiped and you will need to re-register if you wish to participate in discussions here.
  • As this is a re-enactment group, please register using your PERSONA name.
  • An admin has to approve your account before it becomes active. This might take some time if they don't notice the request immediately.
  • Real HTML is no longer allowed which makes bringing over older posts more complicated but we are working on it! If you're looking for something in particular, let us know and we'll try to restore that info for you.
Faellon once suggested that the site should really just run a forum software, and while I always thought having a forum was important, I wanted to have a real website and tried to cram a bunch of social features into it and we ended up with a less functional forum as a result. Using actual forum software solves a lot of problems, but its very different from our old forums, you might like it - you might not.
Faellon

Re: Céad míle fáilte!

Post by Faellon »

Looking good Comyn!
Comyn

Post by Comyn »

Thanks! I must admit I spent a lot of time on the site over the last few days, but will be running low on free time again soon. I've already run into some things I don't like in this forum software, but I do want to try to keep it as stock as possible for now to make it easier to administer.
Bragg
Ard-Draoi
Ard-Draoi

Post by Bragg »

In no way wishing to diminish Comyn's years of work on the previous site and all his hard work on this transfer of our web based presence......don't like change.....
Bragg
Aonghus

Post by Aonghus »

Bragg wrote:In no way wishing to diminish Comyn's years of work on the previous site and all his hard work on this transfer of our web based presence......don't like change.....
Bragg
How do you break a dollar without change?

I think this is the fourth time the website has undergone transformation. I'm sure the last iteration holds the record for longevity though.
vollund

Post by vollund »

Site is looking good!