Pennsic Independent and War Points

Anything that comes to mind. Members should use the TdB Member forums for official or private business. Forums in this area are readable by anonymous visitors, and registered users can post here.
Forum rules
Use this forum to discuss topics of history or craft as related to our hobby.
As this is a PUBLIC forum, be discrete! Private matters should be discussed in the TdB Member forums!
Any post which is deemed too sensitive for public consumption may be moved to the Private Discussions forum by Moderators.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Pennsic Independent and War Points

Post by Comyn »

I noticed that the Pennsic Independent, the online home of the Pennsic news paper, is also running Drupal (the software that at least currently powers TdB). Therein I found an interview with King Konrad in which he discusses his decision to concede all war points to the Middle Kingdom at Pennsic 37 because they were outnumbered by 250 fighters. This was an unprecedented move and has been much discussed in SCA forums lately. The question being whether fighting at such a disadvantage makes it less fun for those who play on the field, and whether winning on the field should be held as more important than having a good time. I am torn on the subject myself since I think that pre-war Diplomacy is an integral part of the game, but to even up the sides at the war so that the battle is more fun also seems honorable to me.
Guthrum
Chieftain
Chieftain
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Re: Pennsic Independent and War Points

Post by Guthrum »

Thanks for sharing. I was looking for the picture of Dairmaid and me, but didn't see it anywhere. Too bad. They must have an editor with some taste.