Wanted: Table help

Anything that comes to mind. Members should use the TdB Member forums for official or private business. Forums in this area are readable by anonymous visitors, and registered users can post here.
Forum rules
Use this forum to discuss topics of history or craft as related to our hobby.
As this is a PUBLIC forum, be discrete! Private matters should be discussed in the TdB Member forums!
Any post which is deemed too sensitive for public consumption may be moved to the Private Discussions forum by Moderators.
Comyn
Class: Aurrad (Member)

Wanted: Table help

Post by Comyn »

Now that the race is on for Samhain, I'd like to make plans with Brogan and/or Aonghus for help making my section of the great table. I'd really like to have it ready for the next event! Aonghus sent me some rough plans (which I turned over to Brogan for safe keeping), but there are some wood-working tricks that may stymie me.
Guthrum
Chieftain
Chieftain

Re: Wanted: Table help

Post by Guthrum »

Depending on when you are planning on doing this, I would be interested in joining you to make a second table for my family. Fitting four at one of these tables is possible, but tight. You might think about making two for yourself.
Comyn

table size

Post by Comyn »

Perhaps you will feel as if you have more room at your table when my family isn't stealing space at it. ;)
Guthrum
Chieftain
Chieftain

we love it

Post by Guthrum »

We love having you guys share.
BroganTDB

Let's do it...

Post by BroganTDB »

I want to make another table my self. I can only help make them after 5pm during the week. Also now would be the time for anyone else that wants a section of the great table to come forward. It’s easier to make a bunch instead of one. Let me know when you guys are thinking of doing this and we’ll get to it.

In Service,
~Brogan TDB
Comyn

Post by Comyn »

I'm free after work Mon, Thu, and Fri next week. We'll need to pick up wood before hand though - do you want to make a Home Depot run to secure materials on the night we get together, or should we attempt to pick up individually on our own and bring it along? How much work can be knocked out in a night?
BroganTDB

Better to secure materials

Post by BroganTDB »

It would save time if everyone would secure materials before hand. Then we can get right down to business when we get together. A lot can be done in one night. We made leg templates and use a router to make the mortises, it saves lots o time. We should be able to finish one in 2 work sessions. Ya wanna shoot for Thursday of next week? It will give us time to hit home depot...

~Brogan
Guthrum
Chieftain
Chieftain

Post by Guthrum »

What is the materials list for one table?
Comyn

Post by Comyn »

This information is set for TdB members only, and can be found in the library here.
BroganTDB

Post by BroganTDB »

The table top lumber is 4 pieces of standard 3/4" x 6" cedar decking. I think the length is 4 feet I gotta measure it again.